Henderson Valley, Auckland
Civil/Structural Engineering (Engineering)
Thomas Consultants is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to join its Development Engineering team providing services to local authorities. We are looking for an individual with 3+ years of experience that is looking to take the next step in their career. Your analytical and report writing skills, client liaison and customer skills, attention to detail and team spirit will help establish you as a key member in the team. You will be exposed to training and mentoring to provide you with the skills to succeed at the role.
- Review of reports and plans on behalf of local authorities to provide quality specialist input into Resource and Building consents
- Review engineering plans for developments for compliance with regulatory documents and engineering principles
- Construction monitoring and ensuring compliance with approved plans
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Interact and collaborate with a variety of disciplines and entities
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Civil Engineer in an Engineering Consultancy in NZ
- Land development experience highly regarded
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service and people skills to interact with other disciplines and clients
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a fantastic company culture, the company offers work/ life balance, flexible working hours, competitive remuneration and personalised training and mentoring programmes.
You will be joining a company with various engineering, planning, environmental and other disciplines offering a variety of work and a previous finalist in the Westpac West Auckland Employer of the Year. Thomas Consultants is also passionate about social responsibility, supporting a number of causes in NZ and overseas.
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
This is a great opportunity to join and contribute to an ever-expanding company who aims to provide a fun, supportive and safe environment for every team member.
If this role sounds like you then please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com or apply via Seek.