Thomas Consultants Ltd Principal Engineer – Water, Richard Taylor, is running a 2 Day Water Loss Training Event in Auckland from 23-24th February 2023, aimed at assisting water suppliers management of water loss.
This is an ideal opportunity for water network staff and management to learn more about water loss and the management of water supply networks. There will be presentations on the updated NZ Water Loss Guidelines, and on smart metering. Come, learn, share, and discuss. There will also be a small expo.
Click HERE to purchase your tickets
The venue is the Holiday Inn, Auckland Airport 2 Ascot Road, Auckland, where accommodation is also available.
This event follows on from the February 2021 and previous 2 day water loss events, and is aimed at assisting water suppliers manage water losses from their water supply networks. The program will cover the calculation of water balances, water loss performance indicators, setting targets, network sectorization and pressure management, active leak detection and monitoring.
What will be covered at this training event?
- This year there will be a focus on the very recent update of the NZ Water Loss Guidelines and the new supporting resource. (the recent project managed by WaterNZ for the Water Services Managers Group).
- There will also be a focus on the use and benefits of using smart meters, and case studies will be shared by several water suppliers.
- Other water loss management case studies will also be presented (please contact the organizer if you would like to be part of this), and there will be opportunity for interaction and discussion.
- The main presenter will be Richard Taylor (Thomas Consultants). Other presenters include Guenter Hauber-Davidson (The WaterGroup Australia) on smart metering, Charles Chapman (Detection Services) on Active Leak Detection technologies, Jon Reed (BECA) on the business case and drivers for leakage management, plus case studies on managing real losses and smart metering by Watercare, Wellington Water, and others.
- There will be a small expo (8 booths) and suppliers will have an opportunity to present on their latest products and services during the event.
- There are a limited number of rooms available at the Holiday Inn Auckland Airport for the event at a discounted rate of $265 (INC GST) per night. You can ring the hotel direct on +64 9 275 1059.
Please contact the event organizer if you have any queries. If payment by Credit Card is not an option for you, then manual invoicing can be arranged. Please email email@example.com.
Contact the facilitator
Principal Engineer – Water
Thomas Consultants Ltd
Mobile: 021 745671