Thomas Consultants is looking for an experienced Three Waters Engineer to lead the Infrastructure Services team. Your extensive experience working on stormwater and wastewater infrastructure projects, and your rich experience in stormwater catchment analysis, stormwater modelling, construction methodology of drainage networks, and flood risk mitigation projects will see you excel in this role.
Your specialist skills and knowledge will see you perform well in mentoring, overseeing and training junior staff within a team and in developing this area of business.
Your effective self-management attitude will be applied as you lead a variety of water infrastructure projects for local councils across the country. Your networking skills will see you build relationships with external parties such as private clients, local councils, Government agencies and others.
Your leadership and management skills will assist you in your key responsibilities:
- Lead a variety of water infrastructure projects
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Support the business development activities of the company
- Mentor, oversee and train junior staff
The Ideal Candidate
- 8 – 10+ years experience
- Minimum BE Civil (or equivalent), Postgraduate qualification in Engineering is desirable.
- Chartered or near CPEng is desirable.
- Specialist skills in investigations, catchment analysis, drainage network monitoring, stormwater infrastructure analysis, planning and design.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to manage projects and run teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Sound contract management experience.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a fantastic company culture, the company offers work/ life balance, flexible working hours, competitive remuneration and the ability to set the future direction of a team.
You will be joining a company with various engineering, planning, environmental and other disciplines offering a variety of work and a finalist in the 2016 Westpac West Auckland Employer of the Year. Thomas Consultants is also passionate about social responsibility, supporting a number of causes in NZ and overseas and is a member of the New Zealand Sustainable Business Network.
If this role sounds like you then please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.