Thomas Consultants are an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy firm based in both Auckland and Tauranga. We have been operating in the New Zealand engineering industry for over 16 years, and are responsible for multiple successful projects throughout the country. We pride ourselves on professionalism and excellence, and for this we are widely known within the community.
We have recently added a Survey Team to complement our suite of services and now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Survey Technician to join our team based in Henderson, Auckland.
As an experienced Technician, you will contribute to the achievement of the company’s vision through the provision of cadastral, engineering and topographical surveying services, consenting and other RMA related services in accordance with the standards, guidelines and directions of the company. You will be able to do so with limited supervision.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking field surveys and office calculations, plan preparation, supervision and preparation of Cadastral Survey Datasets.
- Ensuring quality management of scheme plans.
- Preparing RMA consent applications as required to assist our Planners.
- Project management of subdivisions and other projects as required.
- Encouraging surveying and business innovation including improving equipment systems, processes and documentation.
- Delivering quality customer service and educating, informing and advising customers on the practical application of the vision of a sustainable city on a day to day basis.
To be considered for this position, ideally you will need to:
- Have 5+ years’ experience;
- Have obtained a National Diploma in Surveying or equivalent;
- Be familiar with 12d, Landonline & AutoCAD;
- Have experience with surveying equipment, preferably Leica; and
- Have excellent oral / written communication skills, attention to detail and follow through.
Your previous experience will mean you can hit the ground running, and you’ll be available to start no later than 8 January 2018.
All candidates must have relevant NZ experience to apply.
This is a full time role and competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered to the right candidate. To apply for this career opportunity please send a resume and covering letter to Danielle Hancock at Danielle.email@example.com by 30 November 2017.