Thomas Consultants are looking for experienced, passionate Intermediate and Senior Planners to be part of our new company office in Manukau City. You will need to have at least 3 years’ experience for an Intermediate Planner (preferably including some consent processing experience), while a Senior Planner we would expect at least 5 years experience.
A willingness to learn and adapt, take charge of a project, and be “solutions focused” are key attributes for this position. Your enthusiasm and ability to get on well with others will also make you an excellent fit for our company culture.
You will work both collaboratively and independently, as you prepare and process resource consent applications for a variety of different developments and activities. Your hard work, enthusiasm and attention to detail will help you build excellent relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
Your knowledge and skills will assist you in your key responsibilities:
- Preparation of resource consents for private clients.
- Processing of resource consents for Council.
- Project managing and coordinating technical experts on a range of different development projects
- Providing advice to clients on planning and regulatory matters
- Excellent working knowledge of RMA and related planning documents.
The Ideal Candidate
For an Intermediate Planner you will need to have at least 3 years’ experience (preferably including some consent processing experience) and be ready to hit the ground running on a variety of projects. A Senior Planner we would expect at least 5 years experience and ideally be a member of the NZ Planning Institute.
Your experience will be complemented by the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Effective time management and ability to deliver reports and services on time
- Meet quality requirements of the company
- Customer orientation and focus evident in any work undertaken.
- Positive working relationships with Thomas Consultant staff and our clients
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a friendly and professional team with a great work environment that provides work-life balance, professional development and a supportive team culture. You will gain unparalleled planning experience as you work closely with other Thomas Consultant specialists (e.g. surveyors, engineers, architects).
We offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with the relevant experience and skills you will bring to our team. You will be joining a company with various engineering, planning, environmental and other disciplines offering a variety of work and a past finalist in the Westpac West Auckland Employer of the Year.
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Please send CVs firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 09 836 1804