WHAT IS RAINWATER HARVESTING?
Rainwater Harvesting is the collection and storage of rainwater that would otherwise flow down gutters into the drain. Rainwater is collected from the roof and re-used within the home and garden. This can help to keep your garden thriving throughout summer, as well as making your home more sustainable.
Installing a rainwater harvesting system on your property
will enable you to:
- Contribute to Auckland’s water security goals by reducing personal use of the regions water supply.
- Minimize personal disruption caused by existing and potential future water restrictions.
- Utilize current Local Government incentives and improve your water self-sufficiency.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Water harvested from these systems can be used for a variety of non-potable uses including toilet flushing, washing machines and outdoor use (such as garden-watering and car-washing).
• Your garden actually prefers rainwater to mains water because it does not contain the chemicals needed to make mains water drinking quality! Plus, when using detergents, you will need to use much less because there are no chemicals and the water is softer.
WE CAN HELP YOU!
We offer an end to end bespoke service that will ensure a hassle-free process for the design, consent and installation of your rainwater harvesting system.