Thomas Consultants is looking for an experienced Intermediate or Senior Project Manager to join our team in the West Auckland office.
The position presents an excellent opportunity to work within a busy, motivated team working on a variety of land development projects for both private and public sector clients. Your great people skills enable you to work successfully and collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike. You enjoy a team culture interacting well with team members as well as specialists from other disciplines.
- Management of projects from client brief through to delivery and handover.
- Ensure deliverables meet the client brief and are compliant with Auckland Unitary and District Plans.
- Use your project management expertise to manage quality outcomes and provide robust and compliant solutions.
- Manage stakeholders and contractors, resolving any conflict to reach successful resolutions.
- Manage tendering processes and evaluate and negotiate successful outcomes for the client.
- Proactively manage Health and Safety compliance and good practice.
- Proactively manage project risks.
- Manage all project financials and record keeping.
The Ideal Candidate
For an Intermediate Project Manager you will need to have at least 7 years’ experience including sole delivery of projects under NZ3910:2013 or similar. For a Senior Project Manager we would expect 10 years’ experience (and sole delivery of at least 15 complex projects).
The ideal candidate will have outstanding oral and written communication, as well as negotiation skills and attention to detail and follow through. You will be highly organised and deadline driven and enjoy building and maintaining great customer relationships.
Your experience will be complemented by the following skills:
- Tertiary degree, with PRINCE2 or PMP certification.
- A thorough understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- A clean full New Zealand driver’s license.
- A thorough understanding of the Auckland Unitary Plan and how it impacts the design and delivery of capital works projects.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a fantastic company culture, the company is supportive of continuous education and outside interests, and offers flexible working hours, and very competitive remuneration.
You will be joining a company with various engineering, planning, environmental and other disciplines offering a variety of work and a finalist in the 2016 Westpac West Auckland Employer of the Year. Thomas Consultants is also passionate about social responsibility, supporting a number of causes in NZ and overseas and is a member of the New Zealand Sustainable Business Network.
This is a great opportunity to join and contribute to an ever-expanding company who aims to provide a fun, supportive and safe environment for every team member. If this role sounds like you then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.