We are hiring!
Thomas Consultants is looking for an experienced consultant Project Manager to join our team in our Henderson, Auckland office.
The position presents an excellent opportunity to work within a busy, motivated team working on a variety of civil, build and open space projects for both private and public sector clients. Your great people skills enable you to work successfully and collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike. You enjoy a team culture interacting well with team members as well as specialists from other disciplines.
$90,000 – $120,000
- Management of job schedules.
- Manage and report on project status.
- Organise and attend meetings with contractors and clients.
- Sign-off progress on site and authorise purchase order payments.
- Communicate with clients about schedule, budget, changes to scope, quality issues.
- Oversee ‘Allowance’ schedules and document ‘allowance’ works.
- Monitor project schedules and resolve schedule issues with involved teams.
- Anticipate and resolve any project issues.
- Manage variation process.
- Monitor spending on allowances and decide when client approval is required.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to have 2+ years consultant or client-side project management experience. The ideal candidate will have outstanding oral and written communication, as well as negotiation skills and attention to detail and follow through. You will be highly organised and deadline driven and enjoy building and maintaining great customer relationships.
Your experience will be complemented by the following skills:
- Relevant tertiary degree. A further project management qualification (PRINCE2 or PMP) is preferred but not essential
- A thorough understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- A clean full New Zealand driver’s license.
- A thorough understanding of the Auckland Unitary Plan and how it impacts the design and delivery of capital works projects.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a fantastic company culture, the company is supportive of continuous education and outside interests, offers flexible working hours and very competitive remuneration.
You will be joining a company with various engineering, planning, environmental and other disciplines offering a variety of work and a past finalist in Westpac West Auckland Employer of the Year. Thomas Consultants is also passionate about social responsibility, supporting a number of causes in NZ and overseas and is a member of the New Zealand Sustainable Business Network.
This is a great opportunity to join and contribute to an ever-expanding company who aims to provide a fun, supportive and safe environment for every team member. If this role sounds like you then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information on the company please click HERE
We look forward to receiving your application!