Thomas Consultants is a growing multi-disciplinary company that offers planning, engineering and related services on a range of resource management projects across the Auckland region. Our Planning team is growing and we are looking for experienced, passionate Intermediate and Senior planners to be part of team. We have offices in both West and South Auckland are looking to grow the team in both locations.
You will need to have at least 3 years’ experience (preferably including some consent processing experience) and be ready to hit the ground running on a variety of projects.
A willingness to learn and adapt, take charge of a project, and be “solutions focused” are key attributes for this position. Your enthusiasm and ability to get on well with others will also make you an excellent fit for our company culture. You will be part of a dynamic and rewarding work environment that will provide you with career advancement opportunities, and unparalleled planning experience, working closely with other Thomas Consultant specialists (e.g. surveyors, engineers, architects) within a supportive team culture. The company offers work/life balance, competitive remuneration and the ability to enjoy a commute outside the central city. We have strong company values which extend to our clients and our staff. For the right candidate we are willing to discuss flexible working arrangements to fit in with your lifestyle!
If you are looking for a role to expand your career, where your experience and opinions are valued, and will contribute to the direction of a brand new planning team, then this is the position for you.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will work both collaboratively and independently, as you prepare and process resource consent applications for a variety of different developments and activities. Your hard work, enthusiasm and attention to detail will help you build excellent relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
Your knowledge and skills will assist you in your key responsibilities:
- Preparation of resource consents for private clients.
- Processing of resource consents for Council.
- Project managing and coordinating technical experts on a range of different development projects
- Providing advice to clients on planning and regulatory matters
- Excellent working knowledge of RMA and related planning documents.
Skills and experience
You will have a tertiary qualification in Planning or Resource Management with preferably 3 years proven experience in these areas and ideally be a member of the NZ Planning Institute.
Your experience will be complemented by the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Effective time management and ability to deliver reports and services on time
- Meet quality requirements of the company
- Customer orientation and focus evident in any work undertaken.
- Positive working relationships with Thomas Consultant staff and our clients
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.