Thomas Consultants is a growing multi-disciplinary company that offers planning, engineering and related services on a range of resource management projects across the Auckland region.
Our Planning team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an exceptional planner to join our vibrant and progressive teams in the South and West. You will have a tertiary qualification in Planning or Resource Management with at least 3 years proven experience in these areas and ideally be a member of the NZ Planning Institute.
You will become part of a challenging and rewarding work environment that will provide you with great career advancement opportunities within a supportive team culture. The company offers work/life balance, and offers you competitive remuneration and the ability to enjoy a commute outside the city. We have strong company values which extend to our clients and our staff.
If you are looking for a new career opportunity in planning, where you can enjoy a variety of interesting work within in an exciting and dynamic team, then this is the position for you.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will work both collaboratively and independently, as you prepare and process resource consent applications for a variety of different developments and activities. Your hard work, enthusiasm and attention to detail will help you build excellent relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
Your knowledge and skills will assist you in your key responsibilities:
- Preparation of resource consents for private clients.
- Processing of resource consents for Council.
- Project managing and coordinating technical experts on a range of different development projects
- Providing advice to clients on planning and regulatory matters
- Excellent working knowledge of RMA and related planning documents.
Skills and experience
You will have a tertiary qualification in Planning or Resource Management with preferably 3 years proven experience in these areas and ideally be a member of the NZ Planning Institute.
Your experience will be complemented by the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Effective time management and ability to deliver reports and services on time
- Meet quality requirements of the company
- Customer orientation and focus evident in any work undertaken.
- Positive working relationships with Thomas Consultant staff and our clients
This role offers a competitive remuneration package and ongoing professional development to ensure the company and its staff progress in the industry. You will be joining a vibrant and busy team and a company that is progressive, that knows you have a life outside work and treats you with value as an individual.
All candidates must have relevant NZ experience to apply.