We currently have an opportunity for an Intermediate Asbestos Consultant to assist our busy Environmental Contamination team in providing asbestos consultancy services.
What you bring to the role
Your accuracy and attention to detail will serve you well in this very important industry, where you will help manage a hazard and help keep people and property safe. Your confident demeanour and clear communication skills will assist in overseeing contractors to ensure they adhere to our strict health and safety requirements.
Your great people skills enable you to work successfully and collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike. You enjoy a team culture interacting well with team members as well as specialists from other disciplines.
What we offer
The role will be focused on providing asbestos detection and reporting services across Auckland and potentially New Zealand for local and national clients. You will have a balanced work schedule of field surveys and report writing.
We offer work/life balance, competitive remuneration and the ability to enjoy a daily commute outside the city centre. We have strong company values which extend to our clients and our staff and provide an excellent work culture.
Skills and experience
We are looking for an individual with at least 2-3 years’ experience in Asbestos surveying and assessing, ideally with a P402, P404 and P403 accreditation and a Worksafe NZ Asbestos Assessor’s licence. A tertiary qualification in environmental science is preferred and a current NZ Driver’s License is required. Asbestos fibre counting and laboratory analysis would be advantageous.
We anticipate that your skills and pragmatism will assist in this role and your collaborative working style will mark you as a team player. Our workload is dynamic and challenging and the best candidate will have enthusiasm, energy and a customer service orientation to support the reputation of the company in the market.
General duties & responsibilities
- Undertake asbestos management, demolition and refurbishment surveys
- Taking relevant samples as required and coordination with relevant laboratories.
- Investigate, analyse and prepare environmental reports for contaminants such as asbestos, mould, methamphetamine or other contaminants as directed by the company
- Analyse results and assist the preparation of relevant reports in relation to the aforementioned investigations. Inform and present on findings as required
- Assist with supervision and project management of site work especially in relation to remediation works.
- Conducting asbestos clearances at all stages
- Using knowledge and technical skills to give accurate advice to clients
- Assist with other environmental contamination work as required.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and would like to join one of the largest Asbestos consultancy teams in Australasia with a reputation for independence and excellence then we would love to hear from you.
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.