Guiding you through
The building stage is when your project really starts to come to life. It is no doubt an exciting time, but is also a complicated process of managing all the different inputs to achieve the physical outcome of your development.
We can manage this process for you so you can enjoy watching the build without the stress.
Stage 1 – Tender
To initiate the construction process, we can manage the tender process.
- This involves issuing a tender package to a select group of contractors or to a preferred contractor to price your development.
- During this period queries will be answered and clarifications will be confirmed.
- Upon receipt of the priced tenders, an in-depth assessment of the pricing will be made to ensure the tenders are equitable.
- We can work alone or along side a quantity surveyor to achieve the end result of selecting your contractor.
Stage 2 – Construction Administration
During the course of the construction phase, it is important to establish responsibilities and clear lines of communication for a well-run project. We can administer the contract under the New Zealand Construction Contracts Act 2002 and its amendments for a smooth flow of the work from commencement to completion and beyond to the end of the maintenance period.
This is not limited to but can include:
- Assessing claims and approving payments.
- Formalising variations.
- Facilitate shop drawing review.
- Issuing construction documentation.
- Reviewing the construction program.
- Issuing practical completion certificate.
- Assessing liquidated damages.
- Facilitation final handover.
Stage 3 – Site Observation
The main purpose of site observation works is to ensure that works on site are carried out in accordance with the approved building consent documentation. This protects the clients’ interests in a field that they may not be familiar with the complex issues of construction. Regular site visits are generally required to ensure this occurs and to assist the contractor with their queries where there is uncertainty.
Where variations are required either by request of the owner or as the site dictates or the designer requires, assistance to facilitate these works will occur.
Stage 4 – Completion
We work closely with the contractor to ensure a timely handover of the best quality project that we can. Ways we work to ensure this occurs:
- We facilitate the contractor to achieve Practical Completion and provide the Code of Compliance Certificate.
- We ensure that the defects list is worked through to the satisfactory result and ensure that warrantees are affected in the client’s favour.
- We go above and beyond to assist the client with their additional sundry needs at the completion of the project.