Thomas Consultants is looking for an experienced Architectural Technician / Designer to join its growing Architecture team. We are seeking the right person to fit in with our existing team and steer the production of quality and efficient documentation for consenting purposes.
You will be conscientious and focused on timely delivery with sound technical knowledge and know how to put a building together. Some practical or on-site experience may be beneficial to the role. Our projects are mainly in the residential, multi residential and light commercial fields and with our multi-disciplinary teams we are able to take projects from conception to completion.
- Liaise with and manage a small team both in house and externally, whilst taking direction from the Team Leader and Directors.
- Collaborate with in house and external consultants to bring projects to fruition.
- Contribute to the teams’ growth and provide input for ongoing improvements and innovations.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients.
- Work closely with Team Leaders to help set the strategic direction for these services in the company.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 8-10 years New Zealand work experience in architectural documentation and council application processes.
- Having a current LBP is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD and advanced Revit skills are required.
- Conversant with various other computer programs, such as Word, Xcel, Sketchup and v ray, and familiarity with other 3D programs is desirable.
- Fully conversant with NZS3604 and NZBC and the various standards and current legislation as required.
- A track record of successful building consent application approvals would be desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a fantastic company culture, the company is supportive of continuous education and outside interests, and offers flexible working hours, and very competitive remuneration.
You will be joining a company with various engineering, planning, environmental and other disciplines offering a variety of work and a finalist in the 2016 Westpac West Auckland Employer of the Year. Thomas Consultants is also passionate about social responsibility, supporting a number of causes in NZ and overseas and is a member of the New Zealand Sustainable Business Network.
This is a great opportunity to join and contribute to an ever-expanding company who aims to provide a fun, supportive and safe environment for every team member. If this role sounds like you then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.